What grocery stores sell stamps? At first glance, this seems like a really easy question to answer. After all, most of us have suddenly remembered at the grocery store checkout that we need stamps. If you ask the cashier, they often have some. However, not all grocery stores sell stamps. If you’re tight on time and need to make sure that you get stamps while you’re out, then it’s helpful to have a list handy of where you can get them. Here’s that list for you.
Why You’d Need To Know What Grocery Stores Sell Stamps
Going to the post office can be such a hassle. It’s one of those places that you only go to for a highly specific reason. You’re almost always there just to ship an item, pick up mail, and/or buy stamps. Therefore, it’s easy to put off going to the post office.
On the other hand, you’re always at the grocery store. You go there to pick up groceries or to grab some prepared food, flowers, or household items. Therefore, you may sometimes find yourself wondering, “what grocery stores sell stamps?” After all, if you can avoid a trip to the post office by getting stamps at the grocery store, then you can save yourself time.
Moreover, the post office is often really busy during the holidays. If you can avoid going there for stamps, wouldn’t you?
So, What Grocery Stores Sell Stamps?
Of course, if you’re not in a rush, then the best thing that you can do is to ask your grocery store if they sell stamps. The next time you’re there, you can ask at the cash register or at the customer service desk. Even your small grocery might carry stamps. For example, Le Beau Market in San Francisco carries stamps.
Of course, you have an even better chance of getting stamps at large grocery stores such as Safeway. There are Safeway locations all across the country. Therefore, this is a really convenient place to keep in mind if you want to buy stamps at the grocery store. However, like many grocery stores, they only sell booklets of stamps. Therefore, you’ll have to get twenty stamps at a time, even if you only need one stamp for the moment.
Whole Foods is another popular grocery store that sells stamps. They also only sell them by the booklet. You can pretty much expect this to be the case when grocery stores sell stamps.
Other Grocery Stores That Sell Stamps
Of course, many grocery stores are regional – bigger than La Beau Market, smaller than Safeway. And there are also places that aren’t exactly grocery stores but that do sell both groceries and stamps. Let’s take a look at a few of these places for stamp purchases:
- Superstores that sell groceries in addition to other items usually sell stamps. For example, you can get stamps at Walmart and Target.
- Pharmacies where you might occasionally pick up snacks and small groceries also sell stamps. Walgreens and CVS are two big examples.
- Likewise, convenience stores such as 7-11 and Circle K often sell stamps.
I did a search online to find out some of the other grocery stores that sell stamps around the nation. (Details on how to do that below. Here’s what I found:
- Searching in North Carolina, I found that Publix, Food Lion, and Bi-Lo all sell stamps.
- Searching in Arizona, I’m able to confidently add Food City, Alberstons, and Fry’s to the list.
- Trying a search for Southern California brought up Gelson’s, Ralph’s, and Stater Bros.
- In the Midwest you might get both groceries and stamps at Giant Eagle and Marc’s.
- If you’re in New England then check Shaw’s, Price Chopper, and Hannaford Supermarkets.
- If you’re in Texas, then try Fiesta Mart, Tom Thumb or Kroger.
Chances are that there’s a grocery store near you that sells stamps.
Finding Places to Buy Stamps
Maybe your grocery store doesn’t sell stamps. Or perhaps they’re all out. Or maybe you’re in an unfamiliar location. Regardless of the reason, you may find yourself in the predicament of needing to find a place nearby that sells stamps. That’s when your best bet is to turn to the Store Locator Tool on the USPS website.
Enter your zip code, narrow down the radius of miles within which you want to search, and pull up a convenient list. The list will even tell you if a location sells stamp booklets only as opposed to individual stamps.
If you want to find which grocery stores sell stamps nearby, then use the “refine search” tool. Select “alternate locations to buy stamps.” This gives you a list that includes grocery stores, convenience stores, and the like. Scan the list for a grocery store near you.
- Does Target Sell Stamps? Here’s What You Should Know.
- A Guide to Buying Healthy Foods at Walmart
- 5 Tips for Lowering Your Monthly Grocery Bill